Early Suppression Fast Response (ESFR) fire sprinkler systems are ceiling mounted fire sprinklers that are designed to eliminate the need for in-rack fire sprinklers in warehouses with high piled storage. ESFR systems provide a higher level of protection than conventional sprinkler systems.
How Do ESFR Systems Differ from Conventional Sprinklers?
ESFR systems use high-volume, high-pressure sprinkler heads that make them different than conventional sprinklers.
- ESFR sprinklers sense a fire and discharge water faster than traditional sprinklers
- Standard sprinklers use 25-30 gallons of water per minute while ESFR sprinklers use much more water, 100 gallons of water per minute.
- ESFR systems have a larger water droplet size than standard sprinklers.
Due to the high volume and high pressure of water released by ESFR systems, they are capable of suppressing fires, not just controlling them the way standard sprinklers do.
Benefits of ESFR Sprinkler Systems
Early Suppression Fast Response sprinklers provide many advantages over in-rack sprinklers including:
- Lower installation and material costs
- Capable of suppressing a fire back to its point of origin
- Are not at risk of rupturing and leaking caused by accidental strikes from material handling equipment
- Allows for the rearrangement of storage racks without costly reconfiguration of in-ack sprinkler piping
Spaces Protected by ESFR Systems
ESFR systems are used for the protection of high-piled storage in warehouses. These systems can protect many storage arrangements including palletized, solid pile, shelf, bin box and rack storage. ESFR sprinklers protect a variety of commodities ranging from noncombustible to high hazard commodities. Early Suppression Fast Response systems can be used in warehouses with ceilings as high as 45 feet and storage heights up to 40 feet.
Rich Fire Protection Installs & Services ESFR Systems
At Rich Fire Protection, we can install and service Early Suppression Fast Response fire sprinkler systems. We have experience providing fire protection for warehouses. We design, install, inspect, test and repair fire sprinkler systems. Rich Fire serves customers in Atlantic City, New Jersey and the surrounding areas. If you are interested in learning more about the services we provide, contact us today.